Tully Castle


On Tully Point, overlooking Lough Erne, the impressive remains of a fortified house, surviving almost to its full height of 2½-storeys, and a bawn (defended enclosure) with four rectangular flankers (projecting corner towers, providing flanking fire along walls as well as forward).

First documented in 1619, shortly after being built for the Hume family, who lived there until 1641, when it was captured and burned by the Maguires and never re-occupied.

Click to find out more …

Copyright © TempoWeb